Egyptian Independent Union Federation
12 August 2011
The Egyptian Independent Union Federation declares its complete support for the legitimate demands of Egyptian teachers, as expressed by the campaign led by the Independent Teachers’Unionover the following issues:
- The resignation of the Minister of Education, a member of the Political Secretariat of the dissolved ruling party
- The right of teachers to receive a bonus of 200% as approved by the Military Council and the Cabinet, without prejudice to examination bonuses or the normal pay structure
- All working teachers should be given permanent contracts, without restrictions or conditions.
- The right of teachers to pay increments without restrictions or conditions, as laid out by Article 89 of Law 125 governing teachers’ pay scales.
- Setting a timetable for a return to hiring graduates of the teacher training colleges.
The Egyptian Independent Union Federation affirms its solidarity with Egyptian teachers’ struggle to achieve these demands by all legitimate means.
Long live the workers’ struggle!
Glory to the martyrs and the nation!
One thought on “Egypt: Independent union federation supports teachers’ demands”
Pingback: Egypt: Teachers tell generals “meet our demands … or no school this year” | MENA Solidarity Network